SkinPen, or micro-needling, is a non-invasive and highly effective skin rejuvenation procedure that helps improve your skin’s appearance by stimulating its natural ability to produce collagen and elastin and to repair itself. Sounds like a simple solution for younger-looking skin, right? It is! Here’s why…
- It’s natural – SkinPen is a micro-needling tool that uses sharp needles to create tiny holes in your skin. Your body naturally responds by producing collagen and elastin to heal the wound naturally. SkinPen doesn’t use chemicals, heat or toxins to burn or remove layers of your skin or paralyze your facial muscles.
- It’s safe and relatively comfortable – There are minimal side effects and downtime following a SkinPen procedure, with slight swelling and redness/pinkness possible in the area (like a mild sunburn). It rarely lasts more than two to four days, so you can return to normal activities quickly. There are minimal risks of scarring or infections. We will also apply a topical anesthetic before the procedure to ensure your comfort.
- It’s versatile – SkinPen can improve the appearance of acne and other scars, skin laxity, stretch marks, sun damage, wrinkles and lip lines. It can be used on many different body parts, including face, neck, décolletage, arms, hands, legs, abdomen and back. SkinPen needles adjust to different lengths, so your aesthetician can customize your procedure to accommodate your skin’s specific needs.
- It’s effective for all skin types – Because SkinPen doesn’t affect the epidermis (where the skin pigment resides), it can be used on all skin types!
- It’s cost-effective – The SkinPen is a cost-effective alternative to other cosmetic procedures like as chemical peels, laser resurfacing or Botox.
Call (713) 791-9966 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an appointment with your nearest DermSurgery Associates clinic today!