Our vision centers around our patients and our team. While we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services based on research, education and input from our patients and employees, we also maintain our reputation as a teaching practice—setting the standards in our respective specialties. DermSurgery Associates employs a diversity of people who are highly trained, professional and share our values. We believe that we are different. The experience of our patients is our top priority. Our staff are caring, dedicated and trained to provide exceptional services in a compassionate and professional manner.
Make a difference to patients working with a superb Dermatological surgeon and team in Houston!
We have an opening for a Mohs Histotech in our established, busy Dermatology group practice. The ideal candidate will have experience with mapping, grossing, embedding, freezing, cutting, staining and cover-slipping layers of fresh tissue for histologic examination. HT certification preferred, however, will consider other candidates who meet qualifications.
Our positions are Full Time and include Health, Dental and Vision coverage options, generous PTO earnings, a 401k for wage deferral, paid parking, paid holidays and a great working environment.
Though scheduled mainly at one location, occasional travel in the region may be required. This is a Mon-Friday position.
General Job Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Map, color code, embed, freeze, cut, stain, and coverslip Mohs layer of fresh tissue for histologic examination.
- Assign patient accession number for surgery with accurate patient documentation.
- Maintenance of lab equipment, work with any repair personnel needed.
- Implement guidelines for OSHA including chemical hygiene plan, medical waste management, infection control, and hazardous communication.
- Implement guidelines for CLIA including procedure manual, proficiency testing, patient test management, and quality control and assurance.
- Order supplies for lab.
- Demonstrate courteous and cooperative behavior toward patients, visitors, employees, supervisors, and physicians.
- Maintain microscope.
- Attend to labeling of surgery and clinic photos, take clinical and surgical photos as requested and document in chart and/or EMR as required.
- Aid in documentation process as directed by physician.
- Maintain Cryostat with needed supplies, clean and maintain cryostat and staining wells.
- Train other Techs as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by Physician and Manager.
DermSurgery is always interested in speaking to potential qualified candidates, including BC Dermatologists, for employment opportunities. For more information on employment, please complete the form below and upload your resume. Physicians may submit CV’s directly to (713) 791-9927 (Fax).
Equal Opportunity EmployerIt is our policy to abide by all federal, state and local laws prohibiting employment discrimination based solely on a person’s race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, physical disability, metal disability, age, military status or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including, but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related), sexual orientation, or any other protected status except where a reasonable, bona-fide occupational qualification exists.