Dr. White completed her undergraduate training at Princeton University and received her medical degree with honors from the University of Chicago School of Medicine. She completed her residency in Dermatology at the University of Chicago hospitals, where she served as Chief Resident. She completed an additional fellowship year of training in Mohs surgery, lasers, and cosmetics at Northwestern University. Prior to relocating to Houston, Dr. White served as faculty in Dermatology at Northwestern University in Chicago.
She is frequently published in the dermatology journals and has written numerous book chapters. Currently, Dr. White lives in West University with her 3 children and husband, who is a plastic surgeon at MD Anderson.
Dr. White is on staff at The Methodist Hospital – Houston, is a member of the American Academy of Dermatology, American Society of Dermatologic Surgeons, Women’s Dermatological Society and the American Society of Laser and Medical Surgery.
Some of her recent appointments include: Women’s Dermatologic Surgeons Committee of the AAD, Website Development for the WDS, The AAD Workforce Taskforce, the AAD’s Interdisciplinary Education Taskforce and the Alumi Schools Committee – Outreach Chair, Princeton University.
2006-2007 Procedural Dermatology Fellow, Northwestern University
2002-2005 University of Chicago Hospitals Residency, Section of Dermatology
2001-2002 MacNeal Hospital, Internship
1997-2001 University of Chicago School of Medicine M.D., with Honors
1992-1996 Princeton University A.B., Economics
2007-Present DermSurgery Associates/Pearland Dermatology
2006-2007 Northwestern Medical Faculty Foundation Clinical Instructor
2005-2006 Northwestern Medical Faculty Foundation Assistant Professor
1996-1997 The Lewin Group, Research Associate Health Care Consulting
HONORS AND AWARDS
2004-2005 Chief Resident, University of Chicago Hospitals, Section of Dermatology
2004 Women’s Dermatologic Society Mentorship Award
2001 University of Chicago School of Medicine, graduation with Honors (1 of 18)
2000 AOA Honor Society
2000 Calvin Fentress Research Fellowship Award
1998 University of Chicago School of Medicine, National Institute of Health Summer Research Award
1996 Captain, Princeton Women’s Ski Team
1996 National Collegiate Ski Association, Team Scholar-Athlete Award
1995 National Collegiate Ski Association, Team Scholar-Athlete Award
1994-1996 Resident Advisor, Princeton University
1. Villa MT, White LE, Alam M, Yoo SS, Walton RL. Barbed sutures: a review of the literature. Plast Reconst Surg. Accepted for publication
Alam M, Levy R, Kakodkar S, White LE, Yoo SS. So you want to be a dermasurgeon: how to get training or choose a fellowship. Dermatol Surg. 2006;32:1113-8.
2. White L, Tanzi EL, Alster TS. Improving patient retention after botulinum toxin type A treatment. Dermatol Surg. 2006;32:212-5.
3. Alam M, Yoo SS, Wrone DA, White LE, Kim JY. Sterility assessment of multiple use botulinum A exotoxin vials: a prospective simulation. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2006;55:272-5.
4. White LE, Villa MT, Rosic VP, Jiang J, Medenica MM. Pyoderma gangrenosum related to a new granulocyte colony stimulating factor. SkinMed. 2006;5:96-8.
5. Shaw JC, White LE. Long-term safety of spironolactone in acne: results of an 8-year follow-up study. J Cutan Med Surg. 2002; 6: 541-545.
6. Shaw JC, White LE. Persistent acne in adult women. Arch Dermotol. 2001;137:1252-3.
1. White LE, Alam M. Anatomy in Dermatologic Surgery. In Complications in Dermatologic Surgery. Submitted.
2. White LE, Alam, Dover JS, Arendt KA. Non-ablative facial rejuvenation. In Atlas of Dermatologic Surgery, 2nd edition. Submitted.
3. White LE. Xanthomatoses and Lipoprotein Disorders. . In Dermatology in General Medicine. 7th edition. Submitted.
4. White LE, Levy R, Alam M. Neoplasias and Hyperplasias of Neural and Muscular Origin. In Dermatology in General Medicine. 7th edition. Submitted.
5. White LE, Shea CR, Horestein M. Xanthomas. In Treatment of Skin Disease. 2nd edition. 2006.
1. Villa MT, White LE, Alam M, Yoo SS, Walton RL. Barbed sutures: a review of the literature. American Society of Plastic Surgery, September 2006.
2. White LE, Majzoub, RA, Alam M. The Effect of light emitting diodes on scar appearance. Americain Society of Laser Medicine and Surgery. April 2006.
3. White LE, Laumann AE, Carameli K, Van Orman S. Social characteristics of university students with body art. American Academy of Dermatology Annual Meeting: Poster Exhibits. February 2005. Published in J Am Acad Dermatology.
4. Rosic VP, Sattar H, White LE, Laumann AE, Krausz T, Shea CR. Granulomatous lymphangiitis (Melkersson-Rosenthal type). American Society of Dermatopathology Annual Meeting: Poster Exhibits. October 2004. Published in J Cutaneous Pathology.
5. Gaylin D, Mannle T, White LE. Quantifying clinical benefits created by integrated hospital information systems: a costbenefit model. Academy for Health Services Research, Annual Meeting. Chicago, Illinois. June 1997.
1. Treatment of sebaceous hyperplasia: a split-face study. American Society of Dermatologic Surgery Annual Meeting. October 2006.
2. Benign brown spots. Buehler Center for Aging, Northwestern University. October 2006.
3. Non-melanoma skin cancer. Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University. Dermatology Core Curriculum. May 2006
4. Nail problems in the elderly. Buehler Center for Aging, Northwestern University. December 2005.
5. Granulomatous lymphangiitis. American Academy of Dermatology Annual Meeting: Gross & Microscopic Dermatology Symposium. February 2005.
6. Pyoderma gangrenosum related to pegfilgrastim. Chicago Dermatological Society Meeting, University of Chicago Hospitals, Chicago, Illinois. November 2004.
7. Subcutaneous fat necrosis of the newborn. American Academy of Dermatology Annual Meeting: Gross & Microscopic Dermatology Symposium. February 2004.
8. Granulomatous lymphangiitis consistent with Melkersson-Rosenthal Syndrome. Chicago Dermatological Society Meeting, University of Chicago Hospitals, Chicago, Illinois. November 2003.
9. Subcutaneous fat necrosis of the newborn. Chicago Dermatological Society Meeting, University of Chicago Hospitals, Chicago, Illinois. November 2003.
10. Hyperpigmentation along the lines of Blaschko. Midwest Pediatric Dermatology Meeting, Children’s Memorial Hospital, Chicago, Illinois. December 2002.
11. Café-au-lait macules. Midwest Pediatric Dermatology Meeting, Children’s Memorial Hospital, Chicago, Illinois. December 2002.
12. Knuckle pads of the toes. Chicago Dermatological Society Meeting, University of Chicago Hospitals, Chicago, Illinois, November 2002.
13. The cost-effectiveness of hand transplantation. Summer Research Forum, University of Chicago School of Medicine, Chicago, Illinois. September 1998.
2006 Over 15 IRB approved projects as a Procedural Dermatology Fellow at Northwestern University Department of Dermatology.
2005-2006 Retention rates of patients who use botulinum toxin. Washington Institute of Dermatologic Laser Surgery, Dr. Elizabeth Tanzi and Dr. Tina Alster.
2004-present Social characteristics of university students with body art. University of Chicago, Section of Dermatology, Dr. Anne Laumann. In progress.
2000-2002 The natural course of acne in adult women. University of Chicago, Section of Dermatology, Dr. James Shaw.
1999-2001 The long-term use and efficacy of spironolactone to treat acne in women. University of Chicago, Section of Dermatology, Dr. James Shaw.
1999 Physician willingness to participate in studies replacing calcineurin inhibitors. University of Chicago, Department of Medicine, Center for Clinical Medical Ethics, Dr. Mark Siegler.
1998 The cost-effectiveness of hand transplantation. University of Chicago, Department of Medicine, Center for Clinical Medical Ethics, Dr. Mark Siegler.
1996-1997 The Lewin Group. Cost-benefit Analysis of the Veterans Affairs Clinical Workstation. Proprietary report
The Lewin Group. American College of Surgeons Practice Expense Study. Proprietary report The Lewin Group. American College of Emergency Physicians Labor Assessment. Proprietary report
The Lewin Group. Impact of Managed Care on Medicaid Behavioral Health Services. Proprietary report
1996 Thesis: “Labor economics: A supply and demand projection for certified nurse midwifery”. Princeton University.
1995 Analysis of 4-aminopyriding after partial spinal cord injury in guinea pigs. University of North Carolina, Division of Neurosurgery, Dr. Steven Gudeman.
2005 Fellow, American Society of Mohs Surgery
2003-present American Society for Dermatologic Surgery
2003-present Women’s Dermatologic Society
2002-present American Academy of Dermatology
1997-2001 American Medical Student Association, Chapter President 1998-1999
1991-2001 American Medical Women’s Association
2004-2006 1100 Montana Condo Association, Board Member
2003, 2004 Chicago Dermatologic Society Skin Cancer Screening- Free community screening program
2000-2002 Partners in Education, Tutor to disadvantaged high school children, Fourth Presbyterian Chuch
2001 Physical Diagnosis Course Teaching Assistant, University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine
2000 Transition to 3rd Year Committee, University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine
1999-2001 Adolescent Substance Abuse Prevention (ASAP) Program Classroom Leader, University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine
1997-2001 YES! Program, Tutor and mentor to disadvantaged middle school children, United Church of Hyde Park