Ryan R. Riahi, MD is a board certified dermatologist that specializes in general dermatology and cosmetic dermatology. Dr. Riahi was born in Houston, Texas and completed his Bachelor of Science in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology at Houston Baptist University, graduating summa cum laude. He attended medical school at the University of Texas Medical Branch in Galveston, Texas and received the Alpha Omega Alpha honors society award for being in the top of his class. After graduating medical school, he moved to Louisiana and did his internship at Tulane University Hospital in New Orleans. He subsequently completed his Dermatology Residency at the Louisiana State University Department of Dermatology, where he served as Chief Resident.
While in New Orleans, Dr. Riahi trained in general dermatology, cosmetic dermatology, and dermatologic surgery. Dr. Riahi has extensive experience in the management and treatment of dermatologic conditions in individuals with skin of color.
Dr. Riahi has published numerous manuscripts and continues to mentor medical students. Dr. Riahi has authored publications on anti-aging and believes in tailoring a customized skincare regimen for each patient. Dr. Riahi takes hair loss seriously and dedicates entire appointments to this condition. His clinical interests include general and cosmetic dermatology, skin aging, the diagnosis and treatment of skin cancer, retinoids and the treatment of photodamaged skin.
Dr. Riahi currently lives in Sugar Land with his wife and son. Dr. Riahi enjoys exercising and his hobbies include weightlifting, karate, and yoga.
1. Riahi RR, Cohen PR, Robinson FW, Gray JM. What caused this rash on this man’s wrist and hand? (Phytophotodermatitis). [DermDx] The Dermatologist 2009;17(6):54-58.
2. Riahi RR, Cohen PR, Robinson FW, Gray JM. Erythema ab igne mimicking livedo reticularis. Int J Dermatol 2010;49:1314-1317. PMID: 20964656
3. Riahi RR, Cohen PR. Multiple miliary osteoma cutis of the face: report in a woman after initiating alendronate therapy for osteoporosis. Skinmed 2011;9:258-259. PMID: 21980713
4. Riahi RR, Cohen PR. Clinical manifestations of cutaneous metastases: A review with special emphasis on cutaneous metastases mimicking keratoacanthoma. Am J Clin Dermatol 2012;13:103-112. PMID: 22229935
5. Riahi RR, Cohen PR. Voriconazole-associated phototoxicity. [letter] Dermatol Online J 2011 Feb;17:15. PMID: 21382298
6. Riahi RR, Cohen PR. What is the reason for the thickened lip and asymmetric smile? (Melkersson-Rosenthal Syndrome). [DermDx] The Dermatologist 2011;19(5):47-50.
7. Riahi RR, Cohen PR. Laptop-induced erythema ab igne: Report and review of literature. Dermatol Online J 2012 June;18(6):5. PMID: 22747929
8. Warren D, Riahi RR, Hobbs J, Wagner RF. Sunscreen Use on the Dorsal Hands at the Beach. J Skin Cancer 2013;2013:269583. PMID: 23840956 PMCID: PMC3690256
9. Riahi RR, Cohen PR. What Caused This Hyperpigmented Reticulated Rash On This Man’s Back? (Erythema ab igne). [DermDx} The Dermatologist 2013;21:47-50.
10. Riahi RR, Yamazaki ML, Kelly BC. Tzanck smear utilized in the diagnosis of Hailey-Hailey disease mimicking genital herpes. Int J Dermatol 2014;53(1):85-87. PMID: 24117014
11. Cohen PR, Riahi RR. Cutaneous metastases mimicking keratoacanthoma. [letter] Int J Dermatol. 2014 May;53(5):e320-322. PMID: 24261324
12. Riahi RR, Cohen PR. Malignancies with skin lesions mimicking keratoacanthoma.
Dermatol Online J 2013 Nov 15;19(11):20397. PMID: 24314774
13. Riahi RR, Cohen PR. Dasatinib-Induced Seborrheic Dermatitis-Like Eruption. J Clin Aesthet Dermatol. 2017 Jul;10(7):23-27. PMID: 29104720 PMCID: PMC5605220
14. Riahi RR, Cohen PR. Practical solutions to prevent laptop computer-induced erythema ab igne. Int J Dermatol. 2014 Jun 25. PMID: 24961574
15. Ellis DL, Riahi RR, Murina AT, Cohen PR. Metastatic laryngeal carcinoma mimicking eruptive keratoacanthomas: report of keratoacanthoma-like cutaneous metastases in a radiation port. Dermatol Online J 2014 Sep 16;20(9). PMID: 25244165
16. Ellis DL, Barsell A, Riahi RR, Stumpf BO. Varicella zoster virus encephalitis in a patient with disseminated herpes zoster: report and review of the literature. Dermatol Online J 2014 Dec 14;21(3). PMID: 25780972
17. Rupley KA, Riahi RR, Hooper DO. Granuloma annulare and necrobiosis lipoidica with sequential occurrence in a patient: report and review of literature. Dermatol Pract Concept. 2015 Jan 30;5(1):29-34. PMID: 25692078
18. Shalaby MM, Riahi RR, Rosen LB, Soine EJ. Histiocytoid Sweet’s syndrome in a patient with myelodysplastic syndrome: report and review of literature. Dermatol Pract Concept. 2016 Jan 30;6(1):
19. Riahi RR, Bush AE, Cohen PR. Topical Retinoids for Photodamaged Skin. Am J Clin Dermatol. 2016 Mar 11. PMID: 26969582
20. Beatrous SV, Grisoli SB, Riahi RR, de la Bretonne GA, Matherne RJ. Cutaneous manifestations of disseminated gonococcemia. Dermatol Online J 2017 Jan 15;23(1). PMID: 28329470
21. Beatrous SV, Grisoli SB, Riahi RR, Cohen PR. Cutaneous HIV-associated Kaposi sarcoma: a potential setting for management by clinical observation. Dermatol Online J 2017 Jun 15;23(6). PMID: 28633734
22. Beatrous SV, Riahi RR, Grisoli SB, Cohen PR. Associated conditions in patients with multiple dermatofibromas: Case reports and literature review. Dermatology Online Journal 2017 Sept; 23(9):5.
1. Riahi RR, Hopp R: Inhibition of Viral Replication and Protein Expression of Hepatitis C using RNAi. [Poster] Research Symposium: Completed and Proposed Research Projects Presented at the 6th Annual Celebration of Scholarship Symposium, Houston, Texas. Houston Baptist University, May 6-8, 2008.
2. Cohen PR, Riahi RR: Cutaneous metastasis mimicking keratoacanthoma. [Poster] the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center Division of Internal Medicine 2011 Research Retreat, Houston, Texas. Anderson Conference Hall, May 19-20, 2011.
3. Warren DB, Riahi RR, Hobbs JB, Freeman DH, Wagner RF. Preventing ultraviolet radiation hand injury: hand cancer awareness and protective behaviors. 15th Annual Forum on Aging, Galveston, Texas, November 17, 2011, Poster 17 (abstract book).
2011 Preventing Ultraviolet Radiation Hand Injury: Hand Cancer Awareness and Protective Behaviors (IRB #10-214)
Mentor: Dr. Richard Wagner, Department of Dermatology, UTMB.